Start by registering to receive new listings as soon as they hit the market.
Markland Drive makes a full circle around the community crossing Bloor Street twice. This family-oriented neighbourhood is the western-most residential community in Toronto that can be found along Bloor Street West. It’s located on the border of Mississauga and bounded by Etobicoke Creek to the west, Elmcrest Creek to the east, Burnhamthorpe to the North, and surrounded by the Markland Wood Golf Club; approximately 2/3 is north of Bloor Street, and 1/3 south.
Markland Wood, or Mark’s Land, was purchased by Mark Cavotti from the Silverthorn family in 1958. Most of the single family houses in Markland Wood were completed by 1967, but several custom-built homes were built around Markland Drive in the following years, as well as some tract housing at the north end of Thicket Rd in 1971-1972. The Masters, and Millgate Manor are two well known condominium buildings that were built along the west side of Mill Road, north of Markland Drive, in the mid-to late 1970s.
he Markland Wood Homeowners Association was formed in 1962 to “Create, Foster and Maintain the Community Spirit in Markland Wood”. The MWHA publishes Marklander Newsletter the oldest, continuous running, community newspaper in Toronto. It was first published in 1962 and now has 10 annual issues delivered to MWHA members’ households. They also publish a monthly newsletter called the “Marklander”, which keeps residents informed about the goings on and in their neighbourhood.
Stroll to parks, library, TTC, great schools, and shopping, bike paths and trails. Enjoy being near to Bloor Street West amenities, cafes, shops, bars and restaurants, and all the activities that Centennial Park has to offer, just to the immediate north of this neighbourhood.