Start by registering to receive new listings as soon as they hit the market.
A native word meaning “place where the alder trees grow”, Alderwood is bounded by Evans Avenue south to Horner Avenue, and the railway west to the Etobicoke Creek Brown’s Line, and interestingly enough originated as a cow track to the first settler, John Brown circa 1850. The first streets were planned in a simple grid pattern with names from the Greek alphabet (Beta, Gamma, Delta). Characterized by single family homes, most of which were constructed as post-war bungalows.
Many of the original homes are still in use today, but increasingly the smaller bungalows and one and a half storey structures are being replaced with single family new construction homes included on subdivided lots.
Access to shopping and amenities, as well as all highways, Kipling Subway station, the Long Branch loop and GO via Brown’s Line.