Bounded by Renforth Creek west to Etobicoke Creek, Burnhamthorpe Rd south to Markland Dr
A quiet residential community, Markland Drive makes a full circle around the community crossing Bloor Street twice
Western-most residential community in Toronto along Bloor St W only a few minutes walk from the Mississauga border
Markland Woods Golf Course surrounds a lot of the neighbourhood
Markland Wood, or Mark’s Land, was purchased by Mark Cavotti from the Silverthorn family in 1958.
Most of the single family houses in Markland Wood were completed by 1967, but several custom-built homes were built around Markland Drive in the following years, as well as some tract housing at the north end of Thicket Rd in 1971-1972.
The Masters, and Millgate Manor are two well known condominium buildings that were built along the west side of Mill Rd, north of Markland Dr, in the mid-to late 1970s.
The Markland Homes Association organizes and promotes many worthwhile endeavours – they also publish a monthly newsletter called the “Marklander”, which keeps residents informed about the goings on and in their neighbourhood.
Walk to parks, arena, library, transit and Bloor St W’s cafes, shops, bars & restaurants including LCBO and grocery store