Lambton

Overview

  • Bounded by Dundas St W south to St. Mark’s Rd, Jane St west to the Humber River
  • Lambton gained its name from a flour mill ‘Lambton Mill’ built in 1845, that was responsible for producing 150 barrels of flour daily
  • The area west of Gooch Road is also known as “Warren Park”, the name of the housing sub-division built in the 1950s
  • Characterized by primarily detached single-family dwellings, there are some apartment buildings along Dundas between the Humber and Gooch.
  • Majority of homes are single family homes, a wide rage of buildings and condos have been popping up in the neighbourhood
  • Many homes in this area are being significantly renovated and re-sold
  • The Lambton area is filled with natural beauty with its hills, and dales and old oak trees
  • Nearby Lambton park, which provides over 10 kms of river-side trail.
  • Nearby popular, Smythe Park which offers bird watching in a wildlife protected area, where the Black Creek swerves through a number of ponds and marshes – this area is an ideal spot to walk, jog, cycle and hike!
  • Walk to parks, arena, newly renovated library, and Dundas St W’s cafes, shops, bars & restaurants including both a Lowblaws & Freshco, LCBO, Beer Store, Shoppers etc
  • Golfers in the area can often be found at the private, Lambton Golf and Country Clcub or the public, Scarlett Woods Golf Course